Frequently Asked Questions

Q.    When was Mooreland  University established?
A.  Mooreland University was established in year 2000.
Q.    Does Mooreland offer distance learning programmes?
A.    Yes, Mooreland University offers a broad selection of distance education programmes.
Q.    When can one start a distance education programme?
A.    Academic courses begin at the start of each month. Upon acceptance of enrollment and payment of fees students may begin their programs at the start of the following month.
Q.    How is the distance education program administered?
A.    The student selects a specific curriculum to follow. The books and study materials are sent by the university to the students. The curriculum is comprised of a series of individual courses, which earn a specified number of semester credits. Most courses consist of ten modules. After completing each course, the student will submit the examination, research paper or project for that course for evaluation. When the appropriate number of credits has been earned, and all fees have been paid, the student is awarded his or her degree.
Q.    Are Mooreland  University degrees recognized in other countries or by other universities?
A.    Employers in most countries around the world recognize Mooreland University degrees. However, foreign governments are under no obligation to declare recognition of Mooreland University degrees. Each university has its own policy concerning the recognition of credits earned at other universities. To determine recognition by other universities, students should contact the other schools regarding their specific policy concerning acceptance of credits earned at Mooreland  University.
Q.    Does Mooreland University offer credit for professional career experience?
A.   Mooreland  University grants transfer credit only for verified academic achievement. No credit is awarded for life experience, portfolio evaluation or for any other non-academic achievements.
Q.  Mooreland University accept credits earned at other universities? If so, how many?
A.    Yes, it is possible to transfer credits earned at other recognized educational institutions. Only courses in which you have earned at least a grade of “passed” or a C grade or better (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) will be accepted. The number of credits accepted varies with the student’s degree program.
Q.    How does Mooreland  University’s evaluation system work? Do I need to travel to take my final exams?
A.    The performance appraisal methods for the different courses in your academic programme vary. Some courses require case studies or reviews of related articles found in recent periodic literature, while other courses require you to complete an examination, a special project or a research paper. You will not be required to take any on-site exams in the USA or UK or any other country. The course evaluation system does not require you to travel. You may complete most course work and required examinations in your own home.
Q.    What type of testing must I take to be accepted for admission to Mooreland  University?
A.    Distance Education students whose spoken and written language is not English must score above 500 written or 175 computer-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) prior to earning their degree.
Q.    What is the duration of the distance learning programmes?
A.    The distance learning programs are conducted at the student’s individual pace, but may not exceed a defined time period associated with a specific programme without prior permission from the Admissions Committee. It may take from one (1) to four (4) years to complete an associate degree programme, two (2) to six (6) years to complete a bachelor degree programme and one (1) to three (3) years to complete a master degree programme and two (2) to six (6) years for doctoral degree programmes, depending on the amount of transfer credit earned and the pace of studies convenient for the student.
Q.    Does Mooreland University offer financial assistance to international and domestic students?
A.    No direct financial aid is available from the university.
Q.    What is the language of instruction at Mooreland University?
A.    The distance learning programmes are generally delivered in English using English language text books. Under certain circumstances, courses may be completed in other languages convenient to both the student and the supervising professor.
Q.    Can a student take Mooreland University programmes in a foreign language?
A.    Distance Education students wishing to study in a language other than English must gain approval from an approved Supervising Professor. The student and professor may then work together in the selected language. Students may receive instruction in their native language, but must complete at least 6 semester credits of college-level English language instruction prior to graduation from Mooreland degree programmes.
Q.    Does Mooreland  University issue academic transcripts?
A.    Yes, Mooreland  issues official academic transcripts after the student successfully completes all his or her courses. Records of academic progress are also kept, and interim transcripts may be issued to the student following completion of course work for any semester.
Q.    Is the term “distance education” used in either the student’s transcripts or student’s diploma?
A.    No, the term “distance education” is not used in either the student’s transcripts or on the diploma.
Q.    Does Mooreland  University notarize its diplomas? Can I have an apostille attached?
A.   Mooreland  University will attach an apostille or have its diplomas notarized when requested by the student. The student is responsible for payment to cover the notary, apostille or other certification cost.
Q.    Who are the faculty of Mooreland  University?
A.    The University faculty consists of a wide variety of adjunct professors from reputed universities as well as Mooreland ’s own professors. All professors have established credentials  as teachers and have been selected for their range of both practical and academic experience.
Q.    How do distance education students pay their application and tuition fees?
A.    Both the application and course fees can be paid by check, money order, credit card or wire transfer.
Q.    Do international distance education students need to send official transcripts and diplomas earned at other educational institutions?
A.    Yes. All applicants for admission to Mooreland should request that official transcripts, translated into English and notarized, be sent directly to Mooreland  University from the educational institution from which they earned their diplomas. The student must submit copies of all diplomas they have earned. These documents enable the Academic Committee to approve enrollment in programmes and to assign transfer credit for previous academic achievements. If official transcripts or diplomas cannot be sent by the educational institution, the student may submit photocopies of transcripts and degrees certified by a school official or attested by an appropriate government official. Since each degree programme requires different documentation, we have included an  Application Check Sheet to help you in submitting all the correct documents with your Application for Admission. To prevent delays in processing your application, be sure to submit all required documents in one complete package.
Q.    Can I earn more than one degree from MoorelandUniversity?
A.    Certainly, in fact, a student could begin by earning an associate degree, then progress to the bachelor, master and doctorate degrees to reach his or her educational goals.Mooreland  exists to help you reach your full potential and achieve your academic goals. We pledge to make your educational experience as efficient and rewarding as possible.
Q.    How do students communicate with faculty and staff at MoorelandUniversity?
A.    Faculty and staff are available to assist students with their programmes, advise about courses and curriculum and to help the students succeed. Communication may be accomplished in a number of ways.   Tel:  E-Mail:   
Q. Is Mooreland University accredited by any of the accreditation associations certified by the U.S. or UK Department of Education?
A. Mooreland  University is not accredited by any of the private accreditation associations certified by the UK or United States Department of Education. In the USA, accreditation is a fully voluntary, non-governmental process. All accredited institutions conform to the standards of the accrediting body, thus simplifying the evaluation and acceptance of credits among member schools. The U.S. Department of Education certifies selected accrediting associations to identify the member schools as acceptable for award of federal financial assistance. In the United States, post-secondary academic institutions have established private associations with the intention to create organizational and procedural standards to ensure consistent delivery of academic programmes. These private associations of member schools administer the "accreditation" process in the U.S. Mooreland University  is a privately owned, for-profit institution.Mooreland  University awards associate, bachelor, master and doctoral degrees
Q: Who awards Mooreland degrees?


A: Mooreland University provides distance tuition for overseas degrees and other qualifications of MOORELAND UNIVERSITY.The degrees are overseas awards and are awarded by Mooreland University.
Mooreland University International American distance learning private university of English speaking union in British Asia with SAARC flagship created entity of Mooreland Education Systemsociety registered under S.R act XX1 of 1860, No RS/ICT/617 (Literary and Scientific institutions) having fellowship with Mooreland College London .
Mooreland University offers Post Graduate, Master and Ph.D level courses by research and correspondence methods. Mooreland University offers internationally valued continuing professional development and capacity building Executive Degree Post Graduate Diploma Certificate Executive MBA Executive MPH Executive Ph.D certificate.
MOORELAND UNIVERSITY International American University , private, independent , distance learning / correspondence school created entity of (authorized , accredited & managed by) MOORELAND EDUCATION SYSTEM society registered under S.R act XX1 of 1860, No RS/ICT/617 ( Literary and Scientific institutions ) IBD since year 2000 had collaboration with "Sky Link Hospitality" Inc Maine State, USA and extension of Mooreland Education System" Inc New Hampshire, state, USA and Mooreland University Inc state of Maine, USA , international coordination centre  and Coordination Administration Centre in UK through Mooreland College London registered in England& Wales, Great Britain (UK)  sister organization of MOORELAND SYNDICATE for PEACE through Education Culture and Socio Economics and Development  has coordinators in 40 countries. 
The Mooreland University  offers  its own educational programmes through correspondence / distance learning for capacity building of adults, self employed, senior executives/ professionals having five years working experience at their credit in the relevant field, minimum age 30 years in the world generally and in developing countries specially in liaison with "Mooreland College London" registered in England & Wales, Great Britain (UK).The students are advised to provide two reference letters written by executives of two different organizations.
Q: Is any attendance required?
A: No. The study programmes leading to Mooreland University  certificates or diplomas are entirely by distance learning. There are no classroom courses in the UK or USA. Attendance for examinations is not required as all study is by continuous assessment.
Q: How does a standard course unit work?
A: The course unit is the building block of most study programmes. Most course units are textbook-based. The student will need to acquire a copy of the core textbook for the unit. The Mooreland College London Mooreland University coordination centre issues a lesson plan detailing the set questions that need to be answered for the course. The student will read the textbook, in conjunction with other suggested reading and sources and carry out written assignments based on the text. The typical 3-credit course unit will require written work totalling approx. 3,500 to 5,000 words comprising a number of short questions and a final essay.
Q: Can credits be transferred from other colleges?
A: Credit transfer is normally allowed towards Mooreland University (non-UK) degree courses. At the Bachelor's level, up to 50% of the degree may be credited through transfer credits from other colleges as well as other further education, professional qualifications, skilled work experience and other achievements. At postgraduate levels, credit transfer is more restricted, normally to university credits, professional qualifications and professional CEUs/CPD courses.
Q: I have been enrolled with a university as Ph.D student and have written a dissertation but have been unable to finish at that school. Can I be transferred to Mooreland University and finish my Ph.D?
A: Yes, provided Mooreland University can award a degree in your field and that Mooreland University is satisfied with the topic and the academic arrangements for completion. Please emailThis email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." target="_blank" rel="nofollow" style="color: #1155cc;">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your details.
Q: What is a credit?
A: A credit is the basic measurement of study. Course units are given a credit value, for example 3 credits for the typical course unit. One credit is approximately equivalent to the "semester hour" as used by many American colleges. When calculating transfer credit from professional trainings, workshops, etc., one credit is equivalent to 10 actual attendance hours. The credits used by mooreland university are not equivalent to credits used in UK and EU educational systems. Credits transferred from US colleges will be allocated the same number of MU credits. Credits transferred from UK and EU systems will be evaluated and converted accordingly.
Q: Is it possible to study just one course unit?
A: Not at the present time. As an experiment, a few years ago we offered the study of single units at very low prices, with a certificate of completion for each unit passed. the take-up rate for this scheme was extremely low and it was abandoned. However, it is possible to take several units by arrangement and to obtain a certificate or post graduate diploma for that individualized programme of study.
Q: What is a "challenge examination"?
A: A "challenge examination" system is offered for all taught course units in order to aid experienced and knowledgeable students to demonstrate their expertise. Any course unit, subject to approval, may be "challenged" by an extended essay on an approved relevant topic.
Q: I am pursuing (or about to start) an ongoing professional training course. Can it be counted towards a degree from Mooreland University?
A: By registering for a suitable degree before completion of your professional course, all of your work including workshops, seminars and ancillary study can be counted towards a degree, If you are interested in this option, please email the Mooreland University with full details of your existing or proposed course of professional study. Therapy and complementary medicine training colleges and training providers in other fields, are also welcomed to apply to Mooreland University for recognition of their courses so that each student will have the automatic right of credit transfer to an appropriate Mooreland University degree.
Q: Is it possible to register for a combined degree programme, e.g. BA/MA?
A: Yes, subject to approval and availability. There may be significant tuition fee savings if you register for a combined degree programme. Please email atThis email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." target="_blank" rel="nofollow" style="color: #1155cc;">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your enquiry, stating your fields of interest and background. (NB - degrees are awarded by Mooreland University)
Q: Can MU credits be transferred to other universities?
A: Mainstream universities generally only accept transfer credits from within their own system in accordance with intervarsity agreements. Since MU does not belong to this educational systems and is not government-accredited, credit transfer to any institution within those systems is unlikely. The same would apply to other non-UK national educational systems.
Q: How do degree grades and Grade Point Averages work?
A: MU modular taught courses are graded similarly to the American Grade Point Average (GPA) system for the purposes of transcripts and calculating the award of honors. This system is as follows:
Grades A,B,C and D are passing grades. Each letter earns a "grade point" which goes towards calculating the student's average performance. The scale of points is given below:
A = 4.00 (Excellent)

B = 3.00 (Above Average)

C = 2.00 (Average)

D = 1.00 (Below Average)
Other grades may be indicated by letters on the transcript, and the letter codes used by MU are as follows:
CR = Credit for courses by Challenge and Transfer
S = Satisfactory, applied to Bachelor's project reports, Master's theses, Doctoral dissertations, Practicums and Internships
*NG = No Grade (unsatisfactory performance)
*P (Pass) or *Fail (for certain courses)
*W = Withdrawal, indicating an official withdrawal from a course by the student
Certificates and transcripts may be issued either using the American-style GBP system or the UK-style "honors" system (depending on location of student), the equivalents being as follows:

A average = First Class Honors

B average = Second Class Honors

C average = Third Class Honors
Q: Do you hold graduation ceremonies?
A: No. Because students start and finish at any time of year and come from many countries, it is not practical to hold ceremonies.
Q: Can Mooreland help me to obtain a student visa to enter the UK?
A: No. There are no classes held in the UK. All study is by distance learning and we are unable to help in any way with visas for entry to the UK or to any other country.
Q: Is it possible to study in a language other than English?
A: No. All study is conducted in English.
Q: Do you provide courses leading to awards from any other universities besides Mooreland University?
A: Mooreland University is the only awarding body for the degree programmes offered via Mooreland College London Ltd
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Postal Mail: